Sleep may be one of the most important things you can do in your life for your health!
It is almost impossible to overstate the importance of sleep for your health. The only time your body repairs muscle, repairs tissue and synthesizes your hormones is during sleep. Sleep gives your body a chance to repair and heal your heart and blood vessels. In short good sleep is critical to your bodies function and repair.
Sleep isn’t just critical for your physical health, it is also crucial to your mental health, a lack of sleep in the short term can lead to mood swings and anxiety, long term sleep deprivation can lead to depression, weight loss and even death!
Did You Know?
Man is the only mammal that delays sleep, all other mammals simply go to bed when they have the urge to, without fail.
Being tired doesn’t just affect your memory and bodies ability to repair itself in the long term. 500 people a year are killed on Britain’s roads due to someone falling asleep at the wheel. in fact, 20% of all road collisions in the UK are a result of tiredness.
So What Should We do?
Top 10 Tips For Getting The Perfect Nights Sleep:
- Don’t use any computer, phone or other electronic device at least one hour before bed.
- Make sure your room is completely dark and we mean pitch black!
- Make sure your bedroom is completely silent. This includes snoring partners.
- Don’t ingest any stimulants at least 6 hours before bed, this includes alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Drink a warm drink, hot water with a dash honey and lemon is perfect.
- Don’t use sleeping medicine, these are addictive and you can quickly become unable to sleep without them.
- Read a book, reading a book in bed has be proven to sooth the mind and help tire the mind.
- Have a shower or warm bath. A warm shower or bath helps the body to relax.
- Listen to soothing music, this can help the mind and body to wind down.
- Routine, try going to bed at the same time every night if possible.
At No.10 Preston we offer all our guests complete black out blinds, Super king size hypnos beds, 600 thread count cotton sheets, rain fall power showers and luxurious comfort. All this means you’re more likely to get the good nights sleep you deserve, which could save your life!
Your room awaits…