Happy New Year!
So, What are your New Years resolutions for 2018?
January is upon us and it’s the time of year gyms across the country are full of people who may have had too much festive cheer. The pubs are quieter and the sales are on. Most people are making new years resolutions so what are yours this year and are you going to stick to them?
Below are some top tips to help you stick to your new years resolutions..
How did New Year Resolutions start?
The Babylonians used to make promises to their various Gods that they would returned all borrowed items and repay all debts in the year ahead. The Romans on the other hand made promises to their God Janus (which is where the name January originates from). During the English medieval era, knights would take the new year to pledge their allegiance chivalry through the peacock vow.
Top Tips For Sticking To Your New Years Resolutions.
Around 88% of people don’t stick to their new years resolutions, don’t be one of them..
- Be Specific! Your 22% more likely to succeed if you make your resolutions specific. Instead of saying I’m going to lose weigh, set an amount to lose each week.
- Be realistic! 35% of people.
- Set Goals! Men in particular were more successful in achieving their new year resolutions if they set small manageable goals to achieve a larger goal.
- Keep track! Make sure you keep track of your progress. Otherwise how will you know how you’re doing and what you could do better?
- Have fun! Nearly all people who succeeded keeping to achieving their new years resolutions made doing so fun.
If your new years resolution is too drink less, spend less or be healthier in 2018 why not have a big night in at No.10 Preston than a night out drinking? You’ll feel far better in the morning!
Your room awaits..